Monday, June 15, 2009

June

Where have I been? I'm so bad about keeping up a journal! I start out with the best of intensions, but then I let it go.

If you go to the rabbitry blog, you can catch up on the animal happenings.

We've been getting plenty of rain and the gardens are lush and blooming. It's so good to see after the 2 yr drought! I've been sick, and some things have been neglected. Just now getting my wind back and plan to get real in the yard and garden.

I've got some new things sitting in their pots waiting for me to get to it. Some new grasses, butterfly bushes, and other perennials. I'm expanding the garden at the east side of the porch, and have some shade things for that.

Have a lot of transplanting to do as well. It's high time I got the daylilies that have been in the nursery bed for 2 yrs to go to their permenant place. Good thing daylilies can be transplanted anytime.

What's in Bloom:

Daylilies
Lilies
Lavendar
Coneflower "Razzle Dazzle"
Husker's Red Beardtongue
Roses ("Fairy", "Knockout Pink")
Hydrangea ("Endless Summer", "Lady In Red")
Sidalcea
Spiderwort
Coral Bells
Honeysuckle

The coneflower is a pleasant surprise and blooming before the other coneflowers. It's a double that I didn't really expect to make it back from winter. I haven't had any luck with other specialty coneflowers. But it's doing great and quite impressive! * Note to self...get photo.

The veggie garden is coming right along. The cuke plants are nice and healthy. Onions can be dug anytime. The patio tomato has some green fruit already. I always put one of those in because they produce so early.

I was sooo MAD! The strawberry patch is doing great this year. Finally. I got a handful of berries to eat (like 4). And then the guineas discovered them! They eat every single berry, even the green ones! Grrrr! I will be putting a better fence around it next year.

At least it looks like a nice wild blackberry crop this year. There's been enough rain, the berries should be juicy and sweet. The drought ruined them the last 2 yrs. They were as hard and dry as nuts.

Well, all for now. I'm going to try and get something done out there today and this week and here on in.

tnt
Natureschild